Author Topic: Noise Problem in Apartment  (Read 3570 times)

Jenway

Noise Problem in Apartment
« on: January 30, 2001, 02:40:01 AM »
I am thinking of moving into the loft of a six room apartment, but I am concerned about the noise that will come from my six suitemates. The loft is basically like the other rooms except that it's on the second floor and the fact that in one of its walls is a giant 4 x 10 space that resembles a window overlooking the living room. Does anyone have any inexpensive and fairly simple ideas to cut down on the noise that will be coming from this huge space in my wall? Thanks for your time.

bjnash

Re: Noise Problem in Apartment
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2001, 05:06:24 PM »

: I am thinking of moving into the loft of a six room apartment, but I am concerned about the noise that will come from my six suitemates. The loft is basically like the other rooms except that it's on the second floor and the fact that in one of its walls is a giant 4 x 10 space that resembles a window overlooking the living room. Does anyone have any inexpensive and fairly simple ideas to cut down on the noise that will be coming from this huge space in my wall? Thanks for your time.
A: The space must be enclosed to stop noise from entering. So, how do we enclose it and soundproof it too?  Some options: sound control blankets, curtains or movable walls.  We have big blankets that are 4'X10' you could block it off with, ($275) or use clear ($21.50 per Lineal foot)or opaque vinyl($12.45 per Lineal foot), (see our curtains page at the website).  Movable walls are at the hufcor link: http://www.hufcor.com/acoustics/acoustic.html but are usually quite expensive.

anything