Author Topic: surround sound  (Read 4117 times)

James Linehan

  • Guest
surround sound
« on: May 27, 2003, 11:51:34 PM »

I moving in to a townhouse that I just bought and I wanted to put a surround sound system in the master bedroom. I know this will be a problem because any surround sound with a good subwoofer will go throw walls, doors. I spoke to the   surround sound guy at the local hi end audio store and he said that they can put sound reflective tile for about $20k??  Is their any other way of doing this? There is  only one wall that is shared between me and my neighbor.

Thank you



  • Guest
Re: surround sound
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2003, 11:26:15 PM »

There are a lot of soundproofing techniques that could be employed for a heck of a lot less than $20K. One would be to float the walls using the sound clips and metal furring channels, or with resilient channels RC-1 alone. The sound clips will double the soundproofing over the RC-1. The installation methods for both of these products is clearly posted on the website under SSP sound clips and resilient channels, see the links below for faster access.

There are also other soundproofing methods to keep the surround sound system in your room and your room alone.
James, thanks for the post, Please give me a call if you need more information.

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 752-3030    FAX: (760) 752-3040
For orders only (888) 942-7723