Author Topic: piano  (Read 3398 times)

MI

piano
« on: January 30, 2001, 07:47:25 PM »
I would like to quiet an upright (spinet) piano. It's impractical to build an enclosure, and I'd rather not  use a mute (e.g. www.pppkeys.com).  I had thought of covering the back where the soundboard is exposed and inserting soundproofing material inside top, front and back without attempting to completely seal it.  If this sounds reasonable, would you recommend the super soundproofing mat or the silencer floor mat for the purpose?  I guess that pads under the legs would also help.  
Thanks for a great web site.  

bjnash

Re: piano
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2001, 05:20:39 PM »
: I would like to quiet an upright (spinet) piano. It's impractical to build an enclosure, and I'd rather not  use a mute (e.g. www.pppkeys.com).  I had thought of covering the back where the soundboard is exposed and inserting soundproofing material inside top, front and back without attempting to completely seal it.  If this sounds reasonable, would you recommend the super soundproofing mat or the silencer floor mat for the purpose?  I guess that pads under the legs would also help.  
: Thanks for a great web site.  
Yes, that would help a lot, but can't vouch for the sound quality you'll get...  Use the absorbent mat.

MI

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2001, 06:40:50 PM »
: I would like to quiet an upright (spinet) piano. It's impractical to build an enclosure, and I'd rather not  use a mute (e.g. www.pppkeys.com).  I had thought of covering the back where the soundboard is exposed and inserting soundproofing material inside top, front and back without attempting to completely seal it.  If this sounds reasonable, would you recommend the super soundproofing mat or the silencer floor mat for the purpose?  I guess that pads under the legs would also help.  
: Thanks for a great web site.  

MI

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2001, 06:41:50 PM »
Unfortunately, this didn't help much at all.  Thanks anyway.