Author Topic: Bar moved in below me - help me please  (Read 3649 times)

Marcie Williams

  • Guest
Bar moved in below me - help me please
« on: January 12, 2005, 12:58:32 AM »
Hello - I have been living in a great apartment for about 2 years. Recently the landlord allowed a rowdy, loud bar to move into the empty space below us.  We can hear every song that is played as well as every conversation.  The landlord refuses to help and apparently the bar owner installed all the soundproofing he is required to by law. I have even called the EPA and they are non-responsive.  I want to stay in the apartment as it is in a terrific location and the rent is relatively cheap. But I can not take the constant bass noise.  
I need a cheap way to soundproof my floor. I was thinking of buying area rugs and putting something underneath them..but what and will that work?  I am desperate.