Author Topic: non invasive solution needed  (Read 5351 times)

Henry Jacobs

  • Guest
non invasive solution needed
« on: June 08, 2003, 06:05:36 PM »
I just moved into a rental townhouse and am suffering from the old lady next door watching her tv at full volume.  my walls vibrate. even worse the townhome has a floor heater lining that entire wall and it cant be moved.
i read all the forums and webpage but i havent found a solution to the noise.  
can i build some kind of light wall and simply lean it against the townhouse wall?
or hammer some rubber stuff onto the wall that wont destry the townhouse wall?


  • Guest
Re: non invasive solution needed
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 07:46:54 PM »

There is a material called mass loaded vinyl which could be stapled to your existing drywall, you would caulk the seams ansd around the perimeter of the (MLV) and then you have the choice to paint the (MLV) with a vinyl or latex paint, or what we recomment is that you drywall over the (MLV) and then tape, mud and painr the new drywall. It's that simple, and it will work wonders for the TV noise. Now it will only be marginally effective for the vibration, For that you will need some closed cell foam mat, perhaps double stick taped to the wall between you and the loud T. Henry, that's my story, and I'm a stickin to it. Thanks for the post.

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 749-7049    FAX: (760) 749-6384
For orders only (888) 942-7723