Author Topic: BUILT SOUND ROOM NEED TO STOP THE BASE  (Read 5380 times)

WIDOW

BUILT SOUND ROOM NEED TO STOP THE BASE
« on: January 31, 2001, 05:18:54 AM »
I have built a free floating room in my basement. It does not touch the walls or the basement ceiling. The only place it touches is the basement concrete. The walls and celing of the room are made out of 3/4 inch plywood with dead airspace in between. Insulation also is in between as well. Then there is soundboard on both sides of the wall, 6-inch dead airspace again, sound board , then 1/2 inch dead air, sheet rock, then another alternating layer of soundboard and sheet rock.
My neighbors are complaining of the base ....yet the basement walls itself are insulated.
I need help stopping the base frequencies from leaving the room.......ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS?
WIDOW

bjnash

Re: BUILT SOUND ROOM NEED TO STOP THE BASE
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2001, 01:09:22 AM »
: I have built a free floating room in my basement. It does not touch the walls or the basement ceiling. The only place it touches is the basement concrete. The walls and celing of the room are made out of 3/4 inch plywood with dead airspace in between. Insulation also is in between as well. Then there is soundboard on both sides of the wall, 6-inch dead airspace again, sound board , then 1/2 inch dead air, sheet rock, then another alternating layer of soundboard and sheet rock.
:  My neighbors are complaining of the base ....yet the basement walls itself are insulated.
:  I need help stopping the base frequencies from leaving the room.......ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS?
: WIDOW
A: I suspect the problem is the plywood.  Wood transmits sound 1200 times better than air. It needs to come down and a procedure followed as detailed in the link below.  Remember, the wave link of the bass is several feet while at higher frequencys it's only inches!  This means more dead air.  A large dead air space works better than several smaller one s for this reason!

George

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2002, 09:38:04 AM »
: I have built a free floating room in my basement. It does not touch the walls or the basement ceiling. The only place it touches is the basement concrete. The walls and celing of the room are made out of 3/4 inch plywood with dead airspace in between. Insulation also is in between as well. Then there is soundboard on both sides of the wall, 6-inch dead airspace again, sound board , then 1/2 inch dead air, sheet rock, then another alternating layer of soundboard and sheet rock.
:  My neighbors are complaining of the base ....yet the basement walls itself are insulated.
:  I need help stopping the base frequencies from leaving the room.......ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS?
Hello its BASS not base - learn what sound your talking about DUH

Leah Deforest

Re: BUILT SOUND ROOM NEED TO STOP THE BASs
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2002, 09:51:26 AM »
: I have built a free floating room in my basement. It does not touch the walls or the basement ceiling. The only place it touches is the basement concrete. The walls and ceiling of the room are made out of 3/4 inch plywood with dead airspace in between. Insulation also is in between as well. Then there is soundboard on both sides of the wall, 6-inch dead airspace again, sound board , then 1/2 inch dead air, sheet rock, then another alternating layer of soundboard and sheet rock.
:  My neighbors are complaining of the bass ....yet the basement walls themselves are insulated.
I HAVE AN IDEA. THE NEIGHBORS ARE COMPLAINING BECAUSE YOU FAWKING SOUND LIKE A RETARDED GAY MARILYN MANSON, YOU RETARDED WHORRE-FIEND

Blah

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2002, 06:37:31 AM »
Check out this chick she would make a better man. Hey if they ever make a movie that is about a human part rat this ugly mug would win the acting part.

K.E.

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2002, 05:06:33 PM »
"Hello its BASS not base - learn what sound your talking about DUH"
Hello, it's "it's" not "its" -- and it's "you're" not "your" -- learn to talk, period.  Duh.