Author Topic: GRR help!!  (Read 2404 times)

emma

GRR help!!
« on: January 31, 2001, 07:45:10 PM »
hi
i recently moved into a flat above a shop! - big mistake! i can hear every word and noise from below when im trying to sleep. I cant afford to re move again at the mo, so i desperately need some help. Mainly the problem is i need to soundproof the floor from noise below, and i guess the walls as the sound prob travels up them too.
I need something economical that would work.
PLEASE HELP!!

bjnash

Re: GRR help!!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2001, 01:12:36 AM »
: hi
: i recently moved into a flat above a shop! - big mistake! i can hear every word and noise from below when im trying to sleep. I cant afford to re move again at the mo, so i desperately need some help. Mainly the problem is i need to soundproof the floor from noise below, and i guess the walls as the sound prob travels up them too.
: I need something economical that would work.
: PLEASE HELP!!
A: Well! A tall order for so much sound.  I'll bet a "room-within-a-room" would work best, at least for the bedroom.  You may want to get a copy of the non-technical EPA reprint:  "Quieting in the Home", as a public service, we've reprinted it and it's available for just postage and the photo copying costs - $15 PP ($18 Foreign). You can order from the web site with your credit card! http://www.soundproofing.org/infopages/EPAmanual.htm