Author Topic: Pool Table  (Read 2819 times)

Mo Duran

Pool Table
« on: June 24, 2003, 08:08:02 AM »
I have been reading some of the questions people have sent you and it seems like you give solid advice.  I am a novice to this whole home improvement stuff and need a little direction.  I recently purchased a pool table and the only suitable place for it would be our garage.  However, our garage shares a wall with two bedrooms.  I would like to sound proof that wall so as little sound as possible would pass through if one were to be up late playing pool.  What would you suggest I do?

Boborther

Re: Pool Table
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 07:57:24 PM »
Mo,

A simple and cost effective solution would be to staple or glue up a layer of the Mass Loaded Vinyl (MLV). You would put this material directly over the existing drywall, ( or studs if the garage does not have finished walls) then caulk the seams and the perimeter of the (MLV) with an acoustical caulk, and finally I would recommend sandwiching in the vinyl with a layer of 5/8" fire code drywall, you'd tape, mud and paint the drywall as usual, and "Presto" you are done!! You  would have a very good soundproofed wall. This is a very simple and effective procedure for soundproofing existing walls.
I hope this answers your question Mo. Thanks for the post.

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 749-7049    FAX: (760) 749-6384
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
For orders only (888) 942-7723