Author Topic: Sound proofing without tiles  (Read 2621 times)

Francis Costello

Sound proofing without tiles
« on: June 24, 2003, 04:25:22 PM »
I live in an apartment block on the 5th floor and play the flute. Maybe I'm terrible as I have had complaints from neighbours in my own apartment and my sisters.  :(

I seen a report on TV but only caught the end of it where a man was demonstarting the noise reduction effects of putting some kind of wire mesh cover over a hi fi speaker.

I am wondering if there is anything like this I could buy that would be easy to use and possibly fold up when I am playing or are tiles the only way to go. Presumably I would have to tile the ceiling and walls for it to be effective, I'm not sure how sound travels but it's mainly the guy upstairs.

Thanks

Boborther

Re: Sound proofing without tiles
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 07:46:17 PM »
Francis,

You have many options for soundproofing the flute room. One thing that would not be too intrusive would be the acoustical curtains hung from the walls. You would want to drape the curtains around the entire room for them to make an impact on the sound reduction. The great thing about the curtains and music, is that the curtains will condition the room, and make the flute more pleasing to the ear for the people in the room who are listening to it.
Francis, other options would be more involved, but would be even more effective for soundproofing. Thanks for the post.

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 749-7049    FAX: (760) 749-6384
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
For orders only (888) 942-7723

anything