Author Topic: Airplane noise  (Read 4194 times)

Lisa Kolibar

Airplane noise
« on: June 25, 2003, 06:44:25 PM »
We live directly in the landing path of John Wayne Airport.  The noise is very unrelaxing and disruptive.  What is your recommendation for cutting back some of this aircraft noise?

Thank you.

Boborther

Re: Airplane noise
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 06:44:10 PM »
Lisa,

I will need a lot more detail about your situation (eg. are you in a condo, single family house, an apartment or an office buliding)
Other things I would need to know would be the type of walls and ceilings you have (drywall, plaster, wood, etc.)?  Is the sound coming in through the roof or through the walls? Windows are also a factor in soundproofing (Are the windows double paned and do they have an STC rating).
Lisa, basically I need to know much more about your situation in order to give you accurate and helpful advice for soundproofing.
The more I know, the more I can help you. Thanks for your posting.

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 749-7049    FAX: (760) 749-6384
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
For orders only (888) 942-7723

Al Smith

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2003, 01:42:32 AM »
why do you need to use the person's name several times in each of your replies? ???

Boborther

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2003, 07:35:05 PM »
Al,

I will use a persons name  in my replies because my replies are directed specifically to the person who has posted their question or comment. Many times the questions are written to me personally, and I feel the responsibility to answer them in a more personal manner.
 It is a sign of respect when you remember a persons name and use it in your reply, and it makes them feel as though the response is directed specifically to them.
I hope this answers your question satisfactorily.

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 752-3030    FAX: (760) 752-3040
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
Orders only (888) 942-7723
When Peace of Mind is all that Matters!