Author Topic: soundproofwindows.com  (Read 4102 times)

grantness

soundproofwindows.com
« on: July 12, 2003, 09:50:09 PM »
Has anyone here investigated or purchased from http://www.soundproofwindows.com?

They've quoted me $550 for 43" x 86" window panes.

FWIW, I have ~ 4.5" of sill space, am pretty set on having a sliding opening, and seek to dampen 3rd storey traffic noise.

Boborther

Re: soundproofwindows.com
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 08:59:41 PM »
Grantness,

www.soundproofwindows.com is actually a very reputable company, and for the size window you are describing that price is not all that bad. Now if it included installation, then I would have to go that route for sure.
Grantness, you might want to investigate the Magnet Seal window insert, before spending the big $ on a soundproof window plus installation. Go to the link below and read more about this window.
Thanks for the post Grantness.

http://petitindustries.com/

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 752-3030    FAX: (760) 752-3040
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
For orders only (888) 942-7723

grantness2

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2003, 07:36:50 PM »
Hi Bob thanks for your reply.   Plexiglass inserts are not an option because I require sliding openings.

What is superior, if anything, about soundproofwindows.org over regular windows, besides the type of glass?

A local supplier can make me windows for ~$230 u.s..  This is for safety glass (3mm glass - plastic laminate - 3mm glass).

Boborther

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2003, 06:24:05 PM »
Grantness,

I think the Soundproofwindows.com windows are a bit more expensive, but they will most likely have a much higher STC rating than a window that you have manufactured by a local glazier. I would get a hold of soundproofwindows.com and see what kind of STC rating their windows have. You want an STC of 40 or greater. Remember that around the 40 and up range, the soundproofing nearly doubles with every STC point. In other words, there is a dramatic difference between a 40 STC window, and a 42 STC window, and the price reflect that, so be wise in your decision.
Thanks for your post.
P. S.  You might want to ask your local glazier if these windows will have a signifigant sound reduction capability.

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 752-3030    FAX: (760) 752-3040
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
Orders only (888) 942-7723
When Peace of Mind is all that Matters!

anything