Super Soundproofing Community Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  


Need an answer right now? Go to, or,  FEEDBACK

Or call us toll-free at 888-942-7723 8-5 Pacific time Weekdays. 

  If we're not in, send a email to

You can get a free report on soundproofing by going  HERE


Author Topic: Traffic noise  (Read 5276 times)

Rebecca Forth

  • Guest
Traffic noise
« on: July 14, 2003, 12:04:51 PM »


I've just moved into a rented flat (victorian) the widows are all single glazed and gappy.

I've seen the curtain, insulating, double grazing options. Are there any cheap options (other than earplugs) that I could use without altering the windows or walls.


Rebecca From London


  • Guest
Re: Traffic noise
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2003, 09:18:59 PM »


I would still recommend the acoustical curtains for your window situation. They are not a permanent fixture and could be taken with you if and when you finally decide to leave the Victorian manor.
Another thing to consider is caulking the windows with an acoustical caulk (we do carry this caulk) and caulk in all the gappy glazed areas. You may want to remove any bad glazing around the panes and then caulk those areas as well.
Lastly Rebecca, if you are looking for soundproofing solutions in the UK, please go to the URL listed below. Thanks Rebecca.

Soundproofing in the United Kingdom. Thank you for your interest in The Super Soundproofing Co.

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 749-7049    FAX: (760) 749-6384
For orders only (888) 942-7723