Author Topic: Help in quieting bird cage  (Read 3276 times)

Ally Rodeiro

Help in quieting bird cage
« on: July 15, 2003, 03:04:23 PM »
Does anyone know of any type of material that could be placed onto two sides of a bird cage to help lessen some of the periodic noise from our bird, without harming the bird.  I realize that the obvious answer would be to just get rid of the bird, but we would rather find another solution. I'm wondering if (clear or colored)soundproofing curtains could be used, depending on whether there are any chemicals in the material, as birds are extremely susceptible to any type of odors, chemicals, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Boborther

Re: Help in quieting bird cage
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 09:23:42 PM »
Ally,

Your request is not all that uncommon, I don't deal with bird noise on a daily basis, but I have helped people soundproof their bird cages in the past.
We have a material called closed cell foam, now granted it is not a see thru material, but it is a sound blocking and sound absorbing mat that could be applied to the outside of the gage itself, or you could construct an enclosure to fence in the birds cage and then treat the enclosure with the sound absorbing foams.
Ally, there are also other methods for soundproofing a birds cage without causing damage to the birds psyche.
Nothing worse than a psychotic parrot. Soundproofing the cage is very doable  Ally. Please feel free to give us a call if you need further information or wish to order this foam mat.
Thanks Ally!

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 752-3030    FAX: (760) 752-3040
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
For orders only (888) 942-7723

anything