Author Topic: CLOSING A 6"WIDE X 6" THICK X 5' TALL GA  (Read 2467 times)

KAREN HUDSON

CLOSING A 6"WIDE X 6" THICK X 5' TALL GA
« on: August 09, 2003, 04:37:21 PM »
I AM TRYING TO SOUNDPROOF AN OFFICE ROOM.  THE MAIN PROBLEM I HAVE IS A 6" WIDE X 6" THICK X 5' TALL GAP BETWEEN THE WALL AND THE OUTSIDE WINDOW.  THE WINDOW RUNS ALL THE WAY ALONG THE FRONT OF THE OFFICE, AND IN BETWEEN 3 OFFICE ROOMS.  THIS WINDOW ALSO IS APRROX. 2.5 FEET FROM THE FLOOR.  THE WALL I AM SPEAKING OF MEETS THE OUTSIDE WALL BENEATH THE WINDOW, BUT LEAVES A GAP BETWEEN THE INTERIOR WALL AND THE WINDOW.  I CAN'T  REPLACE THE WINDOW, SINCE I AM RENTING, SO I AM LOOKING FOR A COST-EFFECTIVE WAY TO FILL THIS GAP WITHOUT HARMING THE WINDOW, WHILE AT THE SAME TIME, SOUNDPROOFING THIS ONE ROOM.  PLEASE HELP ASAP.  THANKS.

Boborther

Re: CLOSING A 6"WIDE X 6" THICK X 5' TAL
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2003, 04:18:03 PM »
Karen,

You have two options, One would block out the light from the window. That would be the window plug. The second option would be to have a Magnet Seal window manufactured to fit your existing window. The Magnet Seal window is a great alternative to replacing your window with a soundproof window which in your case might be quite costly. The Magnet Seal window is made of window grade plexiglass, which is claer like glass with no distortion, and it resists fading like regular plexiglass. It is installed in the window on a magnetic track which also has a bellows system attached to the track so if the window is not perfectly square, the window inset will still work perfectly.
Karen, to learn more about these 2 options, please read the website, or simply give me a call at one of the numbers below. Thanks for the post Karen.

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 752-3030    FAX: (760) 752-3040
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
For orders only (888) 942-7723