Recent Posts

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
First off do not use spray foam for sealing holes, use acoustic caulking.

You need to bring the mass of the walls up a lot higher if you want to reduce this noise problem and same with the door.

Why dont you give me a call direct and we can discuss options.

Randy S.
760-752-3030
Soundproofing Windows and Doors / Re: Sound Proof Partition
« Last post by Randy S on July 13, 2017, 11:22:08 PM »
In order to advise the build assembly I would need to know what value of reduction your looking for and from what type of noise you are trying to reduce.

You can contact me direct.

Randy S.
760-752-3030
you can try using Mass loaded vinyl and wrap around canopy bed, sides and top.

Not sure how much reduction you are get from it but you can try.

adding the curtain around the bed after the MLV might get you the reduction your looking for.

Randy S.
Soundproofing Windows and Doors / Sound Proof Partition
« Last post by BruceJeremy on July 13, 2017, 07:29:49 AM »
I want to install sound proof partition walls at my garage office, and i need suggestions for that.
Hey there -- I live in a highrise studio next to what sounds like a drag strip at night (buy a muffler, doofuses).

Basically it's a 600 sq ft room, with windows all on one side. Kinda like a hotel.

Anyway it's not ideal, but livable. I'm aware of the expensive/ effective options, but are there any low-cost, simple solutions that may have some effect?

I'm thinking -- well maybe just build some strategic soundproof-foam+deadening board walls around a couple sides of my bed? (other sides are interior walls). Sort of like a small fort. Maybe 6 feet high, maybe to the ceiling.

I guess I can also hang heavy curtains on the windows as well.

Would these provide any benefit? Something like even a 20% reduction would be nice.
It would best to contact me direct for this type of project.
I can provide the information you need to make cost effective decisions.
Impact noise is very difficult to reduce if not approached correctly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Randy S.
760-752-3030
Hello All,

Here's the situation: I work for a video game company, and we regularly bring in players to playtest our new games. We stream and record both video and audio for these sessions so that they can be reviewed by ourselves and the development team. We just moved into a new space, and unfortunately one of our playtest rooms shares a wall with our kitchen/lunch room. We've done what we can to reduce the noise in the room itself, but we are getting a LOT of noise coming in from the kitchen (to the point that conversations in the kitchen can be heard almost word-for-word in the room). This is further complicated by the fact that the room is basically constructed from drywall, there are numerous cables fed through holes in the walls, and there are several ducts and vents running along the ceiling.

At this point our plan is to add some type of sound-proofing around the door, and use spray-foam to seal any gaps around the cabling. Beyond that, we're looking for a low-cost solution for the walls.  We'd prefer to use something that we can put in the room itself, but we could also add something to the kitchen side of the wall if need be.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Im looking to get a new home with a roommate.  They will be upstairs and I will be downstairs.  We are basically doing a complete renovation of the home including completely redoing the floors and the basement ceiling is currently unfinished so there is no limit to what we can do.  Im more concerned with peace and quiet than I am with the cost of soundproofing (within reason) and I am VERY sensitive to impact noise from upstairs.  All impact noise needs to be completely eliminated.. I dont ever want to hear any footsteps, things dropping on the floor, her kid screaming, ANYTHING.  I need peace and quiet in order for that living situation to work.  Is this possible?  There is a wealth of information on soundproofing techniques on the internet and very little on how effective it actually is.
here is a link to the manufacturers page to see what real acoustic curtains look like

http://www.soundseal.com/barricade/barricade-index.shtml

Randy S.
I'm not sure what mass loaded vinyl is....but I've checked and they're 100% cotton (? sounds like a "no").
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »