Super Soundproofing Community Forum

Soundproofing Forum Topics => Sound Control if you're Renting - Apartments, Condo, ETC => Topic started by: Kurteth on October 07, 2011, 12:21:37 AM

Title: Apartment door
Post by: Kurteth on October 07, 2011, 12:21:37 AM
Hi I'm renting an apartment and I'm having a terrible sound issue. While the bottom and top of my door are not a problem, the side is.

On the side of the lock and handle, there is a dent which basically lets all sound in and out(and a little breeze). My door lock is long enough to stop it from opening, but the sound is the issue. Should I use the 09-42746-T and just put it on the side instead?
Title: Re: Apartment door
Post by: Randy S on October 15, 2011, 03:16:28 PM
Im not sure thats going to do the would be best if you added a piece of flat stock to the jamb, in order to increase the actual door stop then use a PVC tape to make the seal.