Super Soundproofing Community Forum

Soundproofing Forum Topics => Sound Control if you're Renting - Apartments, Condo, ETC => Topic started by: HBGuy on November 21, 2011, 10:13:48 PM

Title: Sounbloc??
Post by: HBGuy on November 21, 2011, 10:13:48 PM
I kid you not.  It's called Greenfield Sounbloc underlayment.  ??? Has anyone heard of it?
I wonder if it's a knockoff of the Pergo Soundblock(TM) underlayment. 
Title: Re: Sounbloc??
Post by: Randy S on November 22, 2011, 05:04:46 PM
I have not heard of that product and I couldn't find any reference on the internet. I really does not make that much of a difference if the ceiling is not decoupled on channel. you are still applying 100% surface contact....the principle of decoupling is to break 90%-95% of surface connection to reduce impact transmission. Your overall results will be determined by the mass of the assembly and number of direct connections (pathways) sound and vibration will travel.