Author Topic: What if I'm making the noise?!  (Read 3169 times)

wittmg

What if I'm making the noise?!
« on: September 01, 2009, 03:36:40 AM »
I searched for about a half an hour and couldn't find much to help me in the way of stopping my noise from getting out. I am currently living in a dorm as the resident adviser. I love to stay up late and listen to music but I will get fired if my residents complain about me making the noise. I have a room that is appox 10' x 10' x 10'. There are residents on both sides of my room and three of my walls are made of cinder block and the fourth isn't really a wall. The fourth "wall" is really just a big closet 3-4 feet deep and then the other room has the same on their side. I have no reason to believe there is anything more than the two pieces of plywood separating our rooms. If that too confusing to picture i attached a pic of that wall.

So to make this task impossible here are the restrictions:
-low budget
-i cant do anything to the wall that cannot be taken down when i leave. Also the walls contain all of the electric, internet jacks, etc. so i still need access. Oh, and the wall that is the closet cannot be covered since i will need frequent access to it.

All i am looking for is an easy way to absorb the sound i am making. Its not like mind blowing loud, but even a conversation can be heard perfectly in the other room. I cannot stress enough that I am not looking to soundproof my room from outside noise, just cut down on the sound that i put out.

Thanks in advance for any help, i was seriously about ready to put up bed padding or egg cartons before coming here lol

anything