Author Topic: Help!!!!!!!!  (Read 2882 times)

A person who Desperatly need help (Amanda)

Help!!!!!!!!
« on: April 17, 2002, 01:00:29 AM »
Hey and thank you for reading this.  I would really appreciate it if you helped me!
My name is Amanda and I am doing a research project. My topic is what material out of these 6, Wood, Fiber Glass, Aluminum/Metal, Styrofoam, Cork, and Plastic make walls sound proof the best (I can only use 1 at a time with drywall). I would really appreciate it if you rated wich material stops sound the best.
I have looked like all over the internet and cannot find the answer I need help so desperatly!!
Thank You SO much,
Amanda

Rich

Re: Help!!!!!!!! cork works for me
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2002, 09:07:51 PM »
: Hey and thank you for reading this.  I would really appreciate it if you helped me!
: My name is Amanda and I am doing a research project. My topic is what material out of these 6, Wood, Fiber Glass, Aluminum/Metal, Styrofoam, Cork, and Plastic make walls sound proof the best (I can only use 1 at a time with drywall). I would really appreciate it if you rated wich material stops sound the best.
: I have looked like all over the internet and cannot find the answer I need help so desperatly!!
: Thank You SO much,
: Amanda
I used to live in a small single bungalow sharing a thin wall with another unit adjacent. I could hear their TV, radio, conversations etc.. I lined the wall with cork panels bought at a local hardware store. They come in different sizes, usually sold in packs. I picked the longer strips and used a special glue to attach them to the wall. Id say it reduced the noise by at least 50 %. Of course your landlord might assess a fee to remove them if you move out.  Rich