Author Topic: snoring neighbor  (Read 2848 times)

Jenn

snoring neighbor
« on: January 25, 2003, 12:36:27 AM »
I live in an apartment that doesn't allow changes to walls without the loss of my security deposit (which is out of the question).  Is there something to block out my snoring neighbor's beastly noise that isn't too hideous, expensive or difficult to put up or take down in addition to no damage to existing walls?

boborther

Re: snoring neighbor
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2003, 12:49:49 AM »
: I live in an apartment that doesn't allow changes to walls without the loss of my security deposit (which is out of the question).  Is there something to block out my snoring neighbor's beastly noise that isn't too hideous, expensive or difficult to put up or take down in addition to no damage to existing walls?
Jenn,
There is a material called Mass Loaded Vinyl which you could staple to your existing wall. You would need to caulk the seams and around the perimeter of the MLV.
You could leave it like this or paint the vinyl with vinyl or latex paint, or you could drywall over it and then tape, mud and paint as usual.
Jenn, this should block out the snoring sounds from the noisy neighbor, and with it merely stapled to the existing wall, it could be easily removed when you leave the apartment. You'd  just spackle and paint the wall after removing the (MLV).
I hope this answers your question.

Bob Orther
Super Soundproofing Sales/Technical Associate.
Ph: (760) 749-7049    FAX: (760) 749-6384
URL: www.soundproofing.org
e-mail: boborther@soundproofing.org
For orders only (888) 942-7723

anything